Acuity Ergonomic Task by Allsteel
A Vision of Comfort and Style
Acuity is a task chair that enhances any environment and any body. Our objective was to build an ergonomically correct chair to instantly and comfortably fit every user regardless of body type. In essence, a chair that adapts to you, not the other way around.
Where Research and Design Meet
Our Team of research and design experts studied the way humans interact with seating and designed a chair that effortlessly adapts to the user.
Simple, up-front adjustments in combination with AcufitTM, a weight activated mechanism, supports you and the task at hand.
Discover a new sitting experience
Acuity was designed in collaboration with Bruce Fifield of Milan-based Design Continuum Italia. Anything inessential has been stripped away, leaving behind only a purity of form that fits in any environment.
No matter how you work, you get a comfortable sit without the need for adjustment.
- Using your body’s weight, the chair automatically adjusts for recline, lumbar support, and open postures.
- The mesh back mirrors the spine, providing ergonomic fit to the shoulders and lumbar simultaneously and continuously.
- Customized, hybrid cushion ensures comfort immediately when you sit and after hours at your desk.
The only controls, for manual fine-tuning, are simple to see, use, and understand.
- With a touch of a fingertip you can move the seat up, down, and back and forth to fit your body.
- A simple slide control locks, tightens, or loosens the tilt to fit your task.
More Design Choices
The Acuity work chair is available in a variety of beautiful frame finishes, with arms or without to fit your work environment and individual needs.
- An optional slip-on jacket, available in leather and fabric, offers premium appeal in conference rooms, private offices, or boardrooms.
- The Acuity side chair, available with arms or armless, complements the work chair so that you can outfit the entire office and a variety of applications.